Thursday, June 25, 2009

Where Does A Tree Frog Hibernate for 20 years?


They are about 1 and 1/2 inches.



Stock photos of Gray Tree Frogs.



While I'm talking about wildlife and my back yard, I've got to document that this Spring, most of May,2009, there were Gray Tree Frogs calling from my back yard and around the neighborhood.


Yes, for sure it has been at least 20 years since I heard them here. This Spring was super wet, and here they are.


No, I haven't seen them, but you don't have to see them to ascertain their presence.

Listen to the calls of the frogs below.
The second series of calls is what was going on in my "habitat".


So, the question still stands. Where do they hide out when Oklahoma goes to 27% humidity and 101 degrees like today? How do you help them survive and return?

.

Listen to the frogs here:

No comments: