Wednesday, September 10, 2008

No Justice For the Jumpers! 9-11 seven years later

It was the Jumpers.
The falling of the buildings was mind blowing.
The collapse of the Towers was unbelievable.
It was the Jumpers.
That was believable.
Those people I could identify with.
I could understand.
That I could wrap my mind around.
With them I identified.
That was what stoked my hatred.
Someone had to pay for the Jumpers!

As I look back now that is how I came to hate George W. Bush and all he was and stood for and everyone who supported him. I do mean EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED HIM. They are Shit to me.

W did not make them pay.
He dropped the ball
He went off on a personal family crusade.
He did not seek, much less obtain Justice for the Jumpers.

He left us, me, unsatisfied, unfinished, unresolved!
He is a loser. He let them get away.
Naw, don't give me back those Karl Rove (Lee Atwater Junior) talking points.
Don't you dare.

I want Justice for the JUMPERS.
I want Retribution for those who burst on the sidewalks.
I want Punishment in the name of those holding hands as they jumped together.
I want Parity of Pain given in the name of those who in flames leaped to their deaths.
I want Justice For The Jumpers.
That's all, just common justice.

McCain says if we elect him he can give it to us.
Big talk for a demented old man.
Why didn't you get it done already Mr Senator?
Besides John you smell like Bush and I hated that loser.

Obama says he can get it for us.
Can he?
I don't see the passion or the need for it in him.
You Have to NEED Justice or Revenge before you will pursue it where ever and however it needs to be pursued.

I go a bit insane on 9-11.
Just like I go insane every April 19th.
The Jumpers need Justice.
Justice for the Jumpers!
Is that really too much to ask?



Excuse me, the guys in white coats and nets are............

4 comments:

Pecheur said...

I do not know what to think anymore.

We all hailed going to war in Afghanistan as giving us peace,justice,revenge whatever we needed in our national conscience to keep going on.

But it wouldn't have mattered if we'd killed ObL and captured all the Taliban. There would be many if not most who would always want more, more justice, more peace, more whatever they thought their govt OUGHT to give them. However, what they wanted most was their loved ones to be alive again. No govt. can give that.

Yes, Bush screwed up a lot. And yes, it is questionable about our involvement in Iraq. But no president (except maybe Truman) would have done enough. There will never be justice.

My question is what should have been done? What should have Bush done? No matter what any president would have done, 7 years later (actually 2 years later and onward) it would have been the wrong thing.

And no matter what President Obama will do, it too will never be enough.

I just hope I do not become Captain Ahab in my personal search for justice and revenge.

Pecheur said...

pecheur

drlobojo said...

Pechur said: "But it wouldn't have mattered if we'd killed ObL and captured all the Taliban."

It would make a difference in the number of our children killed in Afghanistan today. Cause we would have declared victory and went on home. But we backed off and let the Taliban regroup and re-emerge.
As for killing/capturing OBL that is a matter of closure. Beside now he lives forever. No body = no death = divine ascension, I would rather create a martyr than a God.

Oh and just for the record, No foreign power has ever controlled the Khyber area of Afghanistan and Pakistan, not even Alexander the Great.

Pecheur said...

I absolutely can't argue against either of those statements.

Well, it makes me mad every time I think about it. I feel we can't succeed.