Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hallelujah My F...ing Rollator Has Arrived

   My Very Own Bariatric Rollator Walker With Seat 400 lb Capacity For A Tall/Fat Guy

It is a sweetheart of Rollators.  Almost the Rolls Royce of Rollators. What, never heard of a Rollator?  Me neither. I knew wtf they were and all, you can't sail on a geriatric voyage to anywhere on a cruise ship without encountering all types of them. But Jesus, I didn't think I was ready for one....scratch that, I don't think I am ready for one. But here it is laying spread across my living room floor along with its packaging whispering assemble me.  I do not want to thank you.  My first mistake was ordering you, no, no, my first mistake was agreeing to using you.  The Doctor, my internist/GP said, " You having been falling, you have sustained serious injury from falling, and you've fell again.  You have no reflexes in the left knee, ankle, or foot, and only a slight reflex in your right knee.  You must be using a walker".  (WTF I thought) reading my mind , she said, " That cane you have will not keep you from falling.  Why won't you be safe and use a walker. I don't want them carrying you into the emergency room with a concussion or broken hip from a fall that puts you in a bed the rest of your life."   Lord the woman is graphic sometimes.  "Ego, I suppose," I said, "You know the macho male stuff. Walkers are little old man stuff."  She did the pregnant pause thing but I out waited her.  "OK," she said, "how about a tripod cane?" Alright, I agreed to do that. She wrote a prescription for a cane all the while telling me how much I need to use a walker.  Finally I said something about those walkers you could sit in when you got tired.  My problem is just walking but running out of ability to walk........so she writes me a prescription for a rollator before I can protest.  Thus the rollator in pieces on my floor.  The medical supply people in the city didn't have one to fit my height and weight.  So I bought one via Amazon and will apply for a Medicare payment for it.  As you know the wife is threaded all through this event as well.  So behold a fat tall man's wheeled walker with seat.

  • Extra wide, reinforced design to support heigher weight capacities (up to 400 lbs)
  • Wider distance between handles for users needing extra room
  • Padded seat (17.5" x 14") with velcro pocket underneath
  • 8" wheels with reinforced forks and spokes for extra strength
  • Overall product dimensions: larger than standard rollators measuring 29" W x 44.5" H x 29" DWeighs 19 lbs


  • rollator allows you to safely walk along or sit on the padded seat if you become tired. Unlike a regular walker, a rollator doesn’t involve the lift that a normal walker requires, making walking a smoother process. A rollator, however, requires the user to be stable enough to not let it get away from them since it has wheels. We have reinforced our basic rollator to accommodate higher weight capacities. Our extra-wide heavy-duty rollator has a wider seat and greater distance between the handles for people that need, or want, extra room. NOTE: This rollator is 29" wide and may not fit through standard door frames found in the home.

  •  you push down to lock and pull up to release
  • Padded backrest and padded seat offer users ability to rest
  • Larger than standard rollators measuring 29” W x 44.5” H x 29” D (may not fit through all door frames)
  • Extra wide seat (17.5”x14”) with velcro pocket underneath
  • Bright burgundy color
  • Supports up to 400 lbs.
  • 8" wheels with reinforced forks and spokes for extra strength
  • Folds easily for storage (may not fit in all cars)
  • Handles adjust from 31.5”-37.5" allowing users a more customized fit

  • Sturdy light-weight aluminum frame: weighs 19 lbs
  • Reinforced design to support higher weight capacities
  • Wider distance between handles for users needing extra room
  • Loop-style brakes
  • rements from floor to seat: 22" (not adjustable)


1 comment:

drlobojo said...

I assemble it. It sits unused in the dinning room. I can't quite do it.