Friday, May 18, 2012

Jesus, Jesus, or was it Joshua


''"If Jesus was your only source of information about what Christianity should look like, how would you live your life?" Well in my cased "lived" you life.

Setting aside Thomas and Q and Josephus but still deleting those edits inserted over time in the Gospels, I think, that had my Christian upbringing been  based solely on the words and teachings of Jesus, my life would have been lived in a different way.  It would have had far less hell fire, damnation, sin, punishment  and wrath-fullness in it than there was when I was at church and at large.  I most probably would have never killed anyone. I was a mighty warrior you know.  I might have followed and fulfilled what I felt my first calling to be as well.  But I wasn't taught that way of Christianity.  I went down the Paulian and his version of Christ's way.  Of course I thought, no I was absolutely Convicted, that I was following Jesus,and understood what that meant but I wasn't and I didn't.  It took me another 30 years to detect my error. I've been working on understanding it all since then. Some things are hard to release, others not so much.  As they said back in the day, that is my testicalmony.

No comments: