Monday, February 6, 2012

Never Say Anything (NSA)



Once upon a time, I worked for the NSA. I was an enlisted member of the United States Army in the Army Security Agency (officers were not part of ASA, MI officers were assigned for support and administration. They were not ASA members). I worked for the ASA in Africa, RVN, and the United States. In the battle field I was attached to the First Infantry and performed in the Battlefield Intelligence Command and was liason in the Special Security Officers group. Revealing these factual items doesn't not violate any security or oath I have taken. I am listing below parts of what is published about the NSA and the ASA without comment.

The
National Security Agency (NSA) is acryptologic intelligence agency of the United States Department of Defense responsible for the collection and analysis of foreign communications and foreignsignals intelligence, as well as protecting U.S. government communications and information systems, which involves information security andcryptanalysis/cryptography.

The United States Army Security Agency (ASA) was the United States Army's signal intelligence branch. Its motto was "Vigilant Always." The Agency existed between 1945 and 1976 and was the successor to Armysignal intelligence operations dating back to World War I. The ASA was under the command of the Director of National Security (DIRNSA) at the National Security Agency, located at Fort Meade. Besides intelligence gathering, it had responsibility for the security of Army communications and for electronic countermeasures operations. In 1977, the ASA was merged with the US Army's Military Intelligence component to create the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM).

When I recently watched the National Geographic Special about the NSA it emotionally brought home what I already knew intellectually. That was, nothing I knew had any immediate intelligence value or would do any harm if known. Based upon the modern NSA, my NSA might as well been part of the American Revolution it was so old and obsolete.

So I'm writing this blog to create a record for family and friends about what I did for four years as an enlisted man in the Regular Army.

Some day when the time comes, I may write about three thing of interest.
1. The extending of the Vietnam War during the Nixon administration.
2. The post-Tet South Vietnam
3. The killing of General Ware of the First Infantry Division and the subsequent retribution taken against the specific enemy units responsible.
Maybe I will write those. At 67 I may forget to do it, or even what actually happened.

Interestingly, two years ago at a Thanksgiving Dinner at church I ran in to one of the original 17 members of the ASA that were stationed in Japan in 1953.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I fell upon the ASA when I was researching a local theme park. Alice in wonderland led to mind control via the world of a medical debate over the confusion of minds caused by Monarch Programming and a child health report typed by an ASA vet. That led to Disney via another ASA vet who was a VP and did quirky cartoons. That led to a claim I must have disturbed Mengele at this time (2002) and he came and checked me out..all because of the local theme park. And that led to Will Filer and the NSA and sneeze. So I no longer feel I can trust children's stories, doctors, child protection , Disney stories, cartoons, television, cinema, people I meet in shops,
the historical record, my own or other governments, friends, family, and the intelligence communities or who they have been compromised by, if anyone. I am told I could sue someone for psychiatric damage and the average payout if won would be half a million dollars. But somehow I think I would have some trouble with my little list. You might enjoy my compilation at http://web.mac.com/beachhutman dont miss the What happened next bit, your comrades in arms are generous to a turn. May you prevail with your old time charm over the Mengele's of this world, they seem hell bent on world domination. Tim Baber

beachhutman said...

Aha! Also within your net (my iWeb site lost Apple support) you might add www.bhmversusmengele.tumblr.com and reverse trave via its links to the 2002 claimed Mengele thing. In keeping with my novelty approach go google Villa Almiran in Mougins! Sheer cheek! I hope to point it all to one site, monarch programming.com. We shall see. Tim Baber