Monday, October 13, 2008

My Net Score

About a month ago I subscribe to one of these counter dealies so I would know how many people were reading my blog. Based on my comments section I had little reason to believe that I was having much effect. Imagine my amazement to find these stats:


Lobojos DenSite Summary

VISITS
Total
1,446
Average Per Day
36
Average Visit Length
2:40
Last Hour
3
Today
46
This Week
253

PAGE VIEWS
Total
2,128
Average Per Day
59
Average Per Visit
1.6
Last Hour
8
Today
76
This Week
415

Wow, imagine my excitement at these stats. Wait a minute though. You mean that 46 people visited my blog today and actually read my blog and some old ones too.
My stats: 46 visits and 76 pages read just for today.

To good to be true? You betcha. My actual number of readers is 11.
Digging into the data, only 11 of those 46 "visits" actually stopped and read anything. So they read my current blog right? Not really. 7 of the 11 (neat the way those numbers worked out), read 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 of my recent blogs. One guy from Germany and another from Australia read my blog on Lewis and Clark in Space (this is my most popular blog, exceeding any other by a factor of 4). The site at the National Defense University in D.C. scanned my blog for 38 seconds like they do every other day. One guy from somewhere wanted to read about my blog on dog faced saints.

So much for my bubble.

So only 1 out of 6.4 visitors actually read my current blog.
Tommarow I'll do a blog on John McCain's Fight Club. But after the election the first thing I plan to do is do an indepth review of Flesh Gordon complete with photos. That should get some readership.

8 comments:

Trixie said...

I hope you aren't terribly disappointed that I stop by and read every time you post. I just don't comment much these days, what with car crashes and the like diverting my attention.

drlobojo said...

Hey Trixie Hi.
Although I can always hope for validation and affirmation by commenters even when dumped on, I don't really expect it during this period. My rules of engagement preclude foamers and many people simply don't want to engage on this subject in any form. If this were "just an election" neither would I.
McCain told his people that he did not want race introduced into the campaign early on. Yet here it is, and McCain is in denial that it is even there. Thus this becomes an epic strugle, not just an election. Our National Soul is at stake (if Nations have souls).
I've spent too many years fighting for this day. As an aging warrior in an ancient war I can not remain silent, even if my voice echoes to an empty chamber.

I appreciate your concern for my ego however. by the way I've been talking to
Fatman and Junior and they assure me that they will resume their little blog as soon as this distraction is over.

TStockmann said...

And perhaps some people do what I do - get your newer stuff on our Google Reader and only actually come in to your Den when we want to use your links or read older posts.

I tend to comment onlywhen i disagree, so silence really does imply consent. There's way too much amening in blogland and it offends my irreligiousness.

BB-Idaho said...

National Defense Universtity?
...your blog is of critical strategic value. :)

Kirsten said...

I'm another one who reads via RSS (using Bloglines), and so only pop over to comment. Looks like you've more readers than you realized!

drlobojo said...

Hmm, maybe so. Did not know about the google thing. OK, I'm old and not much of an innovator with this stuff.

You're right amens are for the pew.
So, just throw in a few "Right on bro's" once a week or so.

bb, yes, NDU. About six months ago I threw about a dozen probable "trigger words" into a comment on ER's blog and then on my blog as well. Just a perverse kind of meanness on my part. Looks like at least one computer tracking program put the bite on my bait. Every time the NDU site comes on my blog it exits towards ER's.

drlobojo said...

Yep, I can pick up the Google Reader link, but not any of the RSS stuff.

That ups my count for the smae period to 12.

Erudite Redneck said...

Re, "Every time the NDU site comes on my blog it exits towards ER's."

And they can bite my barely civilized redneck ass. :-)