Friday, October 31, 2008

Early Voting In Oklahoma, Jeez!

So wife and I eat breakfast and and go over the Oklahoma County Election offices to vote early.
There about 40 acres of parking at the election office, because it used to be some kind of super box store location. The cops were out directing traffic and half of the lots was already full of cars.
We parked and sat there kind of stunned. Dang the line is a mile long my wife said. OK it wasn't a mile, but it was LLLOOONNNGGG.



This is a picture of the line at 12:30.

Next picture.
Next Picture.
Next picture.
Now all you are seeing is the front of the building. The line stretches across the building front, around the corner down the side through a door and well into the building.
So I got out of the car and took pictures and counted people in line. It figured out to between 400 and 500 in line. So I watched the speed of the line and figured that it was a one and a half hour line. Trouble is I've got 45 minute knees. The weather was nice though.
Now if I were truly handicapped instead of old and dysfunctional I could simply do a drive up voting at the side of the building. But there is no provision for just being a woos. So we decide to wait and vote at our local polling place(and take a chair just in case).
Early voting started at the 77 County Election Boards in Oklahoma on Halloween. Voting will be allowed Friday from 8 to 6pm. On Saturday the polls will open at 8 and close at 1, and on Monday they'll be open from 8 to 6.

2 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

Pretty amazing. .. On Tuesday, there will be scads more places to vote. Sure there won't be these kinds of lines.

drlobojo said...

That's what I'm counting on. I don't remember the formula but there is a set number of voters per digital scanner machine. The longest I have had to wait in a national election is 20 minutes and that was after 5 pm.