Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Bigot by Any Other Name Might Become President

Elsewhere on the web I have made the observation that in my opinion John McCain is exhibiting classic behavior of a bigot. Here is why.

As far as I'm concerned the stuff on the web is confirmation not the source of my understand about this.You can listen to me or believe me or not, but this is what I see.

I was raised in a bigoted society (against blacks, Indian, and Mexicans) in SW Oklahoma. I began to learn just what that meant to those on the receiving end as I started college in 1963. From that point on the lessons kept a coming.

I spent much of 1975 visiting with the white ole boys controlling XXXXXXXXXXX in Oklahoma trying to get the State's Constitutional segregation shifted to conform with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. I began to develop a sense of who were the bigots and who were the reluctant victims themselves. In short, I heard it all, at all levels and I can read a level of bigotry very quickly in a one on one situation regardless of the race involved. It became part of my survival tool kit to be able to do so.

It is much harder to recognize on the TV, especially when it is kept in low profile. So last night during the debate between McCain and Obama I was aghast to see John McCain lay out text book behavior of the bigot towards Obama. I simply couldn't believe that he was that blatant. Surely he knew better?

I had heard the "Ape" story and the "Janet Reno" story and I knew he threw "gook" around like a part of speech, but I contributed that to his "pilot" mentality. After all it takes a strange breed of person to land a jet on rolling postage stamp. Apparently it is much deeper.
I waited in vain for some commentator to comment on it in the proper context. Nobody, noway, nowhere ever identified what it truly was.

The story?McCain is a bigot.
The media know it but won't report it.
The media don't know it and are too dumb to see it.
The media are so young and inexperienced that they don't recognize it.

McCain is a child of the 1940's and 1950's, and the type of bigotry he shows is a time warp back to those days. When I realized what I was seeing I went onto to the web to see if there was any history of his behavior and among other things found this article attached below. It was from capitolhillblue.com and seem to summarize all of the other stuff I had found floating around on the web.

Yes, I am an Obama supporter, but as I said before I am a 63 year old white guy, a Vietnam Regular Army COMBAT vet, who has swallowed so much bigotry that I know the taste of it well.

Well I have had my little say now.
I'm going to take my meds and go away.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/cont/node/10086

No comments: