Sunday, April 27, 2008

Reverend Wright "Calls Out The Press Club" and reaffirms God's ability to be God

OK, in his speech to the National Press Club, which I have read ALL of and watched on C-Span ALL of the Reverend Wright speech, called out the Press Club and played a one way dozens on them. (The Press Club didn't seem to know the rules).

At the end of his appearance he had the following exchange in the Q&A.




"MODERATOR: Do you think it is God's will that Senator Obama be president?

REVEREND WRIGHT: I said I would offer myself for candidacy for vice president. I have not offered myself for candidacy of God. I can't presume to know what God would want.

In my tradition, however, what everybody has been saying to me as it pertains to the candidacy is what God has for you is for you. If God intends for Mr. Obama to the president, then no white racists, no political pundit, no speech, nothing can get in the way, because God will do what God wants to do. "
####

OK, OK, so I'm sending this our to my wife and kids. Stop worrying! Honey, don't send any more contributions to the Obama campaign. Kids, you don't really need to waste your time volunteering for the cause. It is in God's hands. Reverend Wright has spoken, "God will do what God wants to do." All we can do means nothing then. So, to my family, cool it guys.

As for me, I think I'll go ahead and support and work for Hillary.

Source for speech: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/28/rev-wright-defends-church-blasts-media/

No comments: